Thursday, March 18, 2010

SPRING BREAK 2010!

Spring Break is here, and my Facebook newsfeed is literally exploding with everyone uploading photos from their vacations.  The destinations seem repetitive: Mexico, Hawaii, Florida, and many other exotic places.  Each get-away seems to have sun, beaches, palm trees, shopping, food, and don’t forget mind-blurring amounts of alcohol.
I went to this incredible place for spring break called Tempe, Arizona.  I didn’t mess with the jacked-up airline fees, or wait in line at the airport, and I definitely didn’t drop a few hundred dollars on a hotel, I actually stayed in my own cozy bed.
 Maybe this is just me being a “the cup is half full” kind of guy, but I am happy to be in Arizona for spring break.  Let me go through the check-list for spring break get-aways:

  • Warm Weather: Check.  80’s all week.
  • Palm Trees: Check.
  • Beaches: Okay, so we have pools…and Tempe Town Lake!?
  • Consuming large amounts of alcohol with friends: Check.  Mill Ave and Scottsdale will make you forget your middle name ; )
  • Beautiful Women in very little clothingCheck.  Palm Walk gives ASU students that daily =D
  • ShoppingCheck. Fashion Square, Tempe Marketplace, Chandler Fashion Center, Scottsdale Quarter, AZ Mills, The Biltmore, Kierland Commons, the list goes on.
  • RestaurantsCheck. From Oregano’s Pizza and Pizzacookies to Blanco’s Tacos, the food in the valley will make your belly happy, quote me on that.
  • Nature:  Check. From the Phoenix Zoo to hiking Camelback and South Mountain, you can enjoy nature and exercise all at once.  Also, a great way to sweat off that hangover = \

Spring break is what you make it.  My spring break has entailed me sleeping in, getting a tan at track practice, enjoying some amazing restaurants with my friends, and falling asleep in my own bed while watching Man v. Food on Netflix. Heaven, right?

So to my wonderful Spring Break 2010, and the fortunate others here in the valley over break: 

Tempe, Arizona…We Salute You.



(Fashion Square Shopping Center, Tempe Town Lake, and Oregano's Pizza Bistro)







Keep your head up like your nose is bleedin,
TJF






No comments:

Post a Comment